Moments like these...
Where my heart is filled to overflowing.
My eyes were open today to the incredibly sweet son we have in Colton Dean.
I've always known he was a treasure, but the two year old busy, stubborn, and independent little boy has clouded my vision for a bit. We've had to be consistent and constant with him--100% of the time. So maybe I've missed some of these sweet moments between brothers.
Except for today. When God opened my eyes. Slowed me down. Made me notice. We have the most sincere, caring, and loving son in Colton Dean.
Today I witnessed Colton kissing Landon on the head while he was in the bouncy seat. This happens often. But the kisses were in abundance today. Then I see Colton back away looking for something. He looked around and found a burp rag and wiped Landon's chin. Melt my heart.
Colton asked for Mommy and baby brother to lay down in bed with him tonight. Colton prayed, "Thank you, God for baby brother, Mommy, Daddy, Toltin! Thank you, God for Landon and Landon and Landon. Thank you, God for Landon's ears and ears--two ears."
Then he shared his blanket with baby brother. Then he so gently kissed his forehead. Then he leaned over to kiss mommy's forehead. He gave us many more sweet, gentle kisses. [heart overflowing now.]
Life with 2 boys for the past 8 weeks has been exhausting, emotional, busy, and hard. But the rewarding, loving, sweet moments have outweighed the difficult times.
I wouldn't trade any of these 56 days for anything.
Moments like tonight remind me--in a very big way--how blessed I am to be Colton and Landon's mommy.

No comments:
Post a Comment