Last night Colton opened his fortune cookie after dinner and pretended to read the fortune. Instead of jibberish--like he did last time that was SO cute--he said "Show popper spect to everyone". In the bustle of trying to get both boys out of the restaurant so we could go grocery shopping I stopped in my tracks. I faked him to repeat whys he "read" on the little piece of paper. He said it again. "Show popper spect to everyone." I knew immediately where he got that from--it's the Peas and Thank You book from Oma. There's a Bible verse on the back we always read. I shared this quickly with Oma--with a wise smile she said, "He's listening."
What a sweet reminder that he is listening. He is in the stage where he repeats all we say. The good, sweet, loving words and the not so good words that come out when we are frustrated. He even repeats his 4 month brothers giggles, cries, and baby babble.
My reminder today: that the words of my mouth need to bring glory to God and that those are the words my son repeats. Hard to do? You bet it is. Can't do it without bring prayed up.
Happy Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment