Tuesday, August 23, 2011

until next June...

I am so blessed. In the past 6 months and 2 weeks of our baby's life I have been home all but 4 of those weeks. That's not normal for a full-time mommy, this I know. And I will be forever grateful for this opportunity of being a SAHM (stay at home mom) for this precious gift of time.




Colton was born in February, I took 12 weeks off work (ended up being 13 because spring break was in there), worked for 4 weeks to finish up the school year, and have been on summer vacation ever since. Pretty sweet deal because God's timing is perfect!




So, tomorrow I will put on a brave face as I rise with the sun to get ready for work. Although my heart is incredibly sad that summer is quickly drawing to a close as I write this post; I know that I will rush home immediately after school in anticipation of the giggles and smiles awaiting me. I will choose joy for I know that in this season of life I am to be working full-time outside of our home. I will daily pray for strength to get through my 10th year of teaching. I have the honor of being a wife and mother and I will seek wisdom and guidance from God as I find the balance of being a full-time teacher as well. My heart will be at home with our son, but I will "be strong and immovable. Always work[ing] enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless". (1 Corinthians 15:58)

So, until next June...
when I will celebrate the gift of being home all day, every day with the our sweet bundle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment