Saturday, December 3, 2011

Deck the Halls!

Time to Deck the Stumbaugh Halls!

Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving I decorated the inside of the house, after cleaning it of course. Can't put up decorations in a dirty, dusty house!
Colton was very helpful. So helpful that decorating became a 2 day job. : )

This is decorating Friday:
Once I opened the first decorations bin, Colton promptly pulled himself up to a standing position and started flinging the decorations wrapped in paper over his shoulder. Then he found the bubble wrap.

He didn't figure out how to pop it...but he thoroughly enjoyed tossing it in the air and "telling" me all about it.

Inspecting the lid.

While Colton took his afternoon nap on Saturday I put up and decorated the Christmas tree. (I am super speedy!!)
It was so sweet to hear Colton wake up from his nap, bring him into the living room, and show him the tree. He as in awe..."Pretty tree, momma. But what's it doing in our home??"

This is decorating Saturday:

Happy 1st Christmas to our little lovebug!!

Colton will sometimes stop playing and look at the tree. He has reached out to touch a branch a few times...but other than that he has really left it alone. I thought it was going to be a battle to keep him away and that I would regret putting up the tree this year. I am so thankful he isn't all that interested! He does get to play with the little boxes and tins that I leave by the tree skirt for him.

This is my fave.


ooooh! Another decorations bin. Inspecting the latch.


After church and grocery shopping on Sunday, Wes put up our outdoor lights. It looks so festive!! Lights decorating the outside of our home are my favorite. While Wes did lights, Colton played and I cooked up a storm. (tons of Taco Soup in the crock pot to freeze for meals later this month and made up Chocolate Crinkle cookie dough for the cookie exchange later in the week.)

This is decorating on Sunday:

Colton could reach the quilt hanging off the back of the chair. He'd pull it and make the chair rock...he was having such a fun time!!

We had the front and back doors open. Short sleeves on Wes, Colton and I barefooted. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the desert...at the end of November!

It was a busy, fun weekend. Wes worked 10+ hours on Friday and Saturday...thus the life of a salesman. We are both so thankful that the store is closed on Sundays. Having the house decorated for Christmas, plenty of frozen healthy meals ready for this busy season, and some sweets for my sweet-tooth are what I enjoy the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment