Wednesday, February 1, 2012

our 4 year wedding anniversary

January 19, 2008
Mr. and Mrs. Stumbaugh

1st Anniversary

2nd Anniversary

3rd Anniversary
4th Anniversary

4th Anniversary
with our boy.
We went on a date night to a fantastic restaurant while Colton stayed home and played with Gloria and Victor. :)  

Wes and I celebrated 48 months of marriage on January 19, 2012.
In our family, we celebrate the number of months we are married. Wes' dad gave us this advice in his Best Man speech at our wedding. We found it so inspirational that from the very beginning of our marriage we have counted each day we are together a blessing from God...thus each month is something to be celebrated.

Here's the story:

Margie and I were married on February 14, 1976 at Queen Anne Baptists Church, Seattle, WA.  We had our honeymoon in Vancouver, BC.  I was employed as a taxi cab driver. 

A couple of weeks after we were married, I was dispatched to an address in Broadmoor.  Broadmoor, is a fenced and gated community with private golf course and a yacht club.  It dates back to the early 1920's.  I held the door open while a pleasant white haired lady entered the cab.  As I settled into the driver's seat she gave me the address of her destination.

As I drove westerly on Madison, she complimented me on my nice shining wedding band.  I thanked her and mentioned we had recently been married.  Her reply was a story, a story which made a lasting impact on my life.

"My Husband recognized our Wedding Anniversary on a Monthly basis.  He would not always give me a present, but he would count off each month.  It was really meaningful when we reached 300 months, twenty-five years."

We were near her destination as this portion of the story ended.  I am sure with more time she could have expanded her memoir.          

Over the years, I have (almost) every month remembered our monthly anniversary.  This year February 14, 2012, we celebrate 432 months or 36 years.

I did not learn her name, but her story gives me encouragement each month.

Thank you for continuing the count for 48 months.
Love, Adrian

1 comment: