Monday, June 25, 2012

it's a red marker.

Rad Mom Moment...

Our little boy loves to take a book, block, remote control, spoon, really whatever is his "item in his hand" for the day to nap or bed. He's a belly sleeper, so he takes the item and puts it under his belly, curls his legs up so his bum is up in the air, squirms a bit to get comfy and falls asleep.


some of the funny items Colton has taken with him to naptime or bedtime.
any book that tickles his fancy.
a block. but only red and it must be a single, not double.
remote control. this one goes to dvd player...he also takes his "play" remote.
1 tbsp. had to rescue then wash before muffins!
baby q-tip. he pulls apart the ends and drops cotton all over the house...my very own little hansel.
the cover to a picture in his flip book...that he muscled off the page. :P

Recently he has wanted to carry around the house a red crayola marker. He found it in the garage as we were leaving for our walk on Monday night. He held onto it the entire time then used it as a digging tool in the front yard.
happily holding the marker...cap ON
Not a big deal...I thought when he wanted it off the counter last night. He's not taken the cap off....yet. So, this red crayola marker was his item of choice for bedtime.

I always go to check on Colton when his 20 minutes of music turns off.
I found a sweetly sleeping little boy covered in red marker.
It looked like a crime scene. Wes was still working so I texted him a warning so he wouldn't freak out. "It's marker. NOT blood."

His sheets were covered. His pajamas. His hands. And a bit of his face. 

He was quite the artist before he fell alseep!!


In the morning when I went to get him, he pointed to his sheets, "da" he said. He pointed to his shirt "da" again. He pointed to his hands "da da". I just nodded and smiled. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment