Colton has decided that fruit and carbs and cheese are his foods of choice for the past few months.
We try to give him meat, veggies, all the yummy food we eat and he doesn't want a thing to do with it.
Until 2 weeks ago.
I made these muffins...packed with veggies...and he devoured them.
He loved them so much that he carried one in his hand all day long as he played. Eventually he'd pop it in his mouth and then ask for a replacement for his empty hand. I had to cut him off at 4 muffins!
Since the muffins, Colton has enjoyed more veggies and more meat/protein than before. Yay!!
Just a phase of not liking foods...I know...but I am pretty sure all Mommys & Daddys worry about their son's diet.
| uncertain 1st bite. |
| mini muffins are perfect Colton sized! |
| giving you his...yummy face! |
| see? even I like them! |
I found this recipe on pintrest & followed some suggestions by comments posted (subbed the butter for applesauce & all white flour for white and wheat). I have made this recipe 3 times now (Wes suggested to cut back on the sugar after the first batch and I agree, just as good!) ...and have quickly learned to double this and then freeze. :)
Banana Zucchini Carrot Bread
1 extra large egg
3/4 cup sugar (recipe calls for 1 cup, but I cut it back & it's still good)
1/3 cup applesauce
1 dash salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 medium bananas, mashed
1/2 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated zucchihi
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Add bananas, applesauce, carrots, and zucchini. Mix well.
3. Add sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle in baking soda and salt and mix. Add flour. Mix well.
5. Pour into loaf pan, 2 muffin trays, or mini muffin tins. Makes 1 loaf, 12 muffins, or 35 mini muffins.
6. Bake loaf for 60-75 min, muffins for 20-30 min, or mini muffins for 14 minutes.
7. Let cool on a rack and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment