Saturday, September 1, 2012

feeling crafty.

This was my project in July. Of course days before we go on vacation I decide to get it done. geez. Waiting to the last minute!

new message board center:
calendar
grocery list
cup for pens
cork for lists
cork for pictures, announcements, cards, ect.
eventually I have a cool wire with clips to hang up all of Colton's art work. I just think it'll hang too low and thus be mighty tempting for his little 18 month curious fingers.
I'm worried enough about the thumbtacks! (he hasn't found them...yet!!)


after.
my message center.
I chose the wall that is to the side of the pantry. It is isn't visible from the front door, or even as you enter the kitchen. It is more organized than what I had before and since it is a bit hidden...I am one happy camper with the finished product.  
before.
I liked these plates...but I was tired of them. Plus I wanted a more organized space for our family's items.

before.
had this already...it just had fabric over the cork.  

after.
sprayed painted brown....spray paint from Lowe's $4.
sanded the edges to give it a worn look.
bought the cup holder for $2 at Target.
sprayed it brown to match and attached it with liquid nails.

my Shutterfly calendar.
LOVE this.
using Pampers Rewards Points I made this calendar. only paid shipping...$8
when it is some one's birthday, I put their picture on that day.
each month has a theme of pictures.
(maybe that will be my next post!! you just have to see how cute it is.)
 

cork board.
painted it green.

cork board with frame...already had it.
added the scrapbook paper that I already had.

now for the master bedroom:

before.
had this in my apartment. loved it but it doesn't match anything in our house.
I have kept it all these years...and then...ta da! spray paint.

after.
isn't it pretty in our room?
those bed side lamps are new too.
clearance at Lowe's. :)
I was super excited...I've had my eye on them for over a year!
They really complete the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment