Saturday, June 22, 2013

summer time! @28 weeks.

This week Colton had swim lessons at 9am and it worked so much better with our schedule. Well, kinda. Mommy and Colton were very social this week with lots of fun activities after swim class so we still were racing to get home for nap at a decent hour. But it's summer! And it was such a great week! 
Monday I had accidentally left some gummy life savers on the counter  during Colton's nap.
He had 4--and saved this last green one in his hand for over an hour. I thought it was adorable. 

He colored & held the green "can-nee".
He had a snack.
He played cars.
He watched a tv show.
And still...the "can-nee" stayed put in his cute little hand. 

Colton's dinner date.
Tractor. 

"Let me see."
Self portrait with the tractor. 



"Tractor couch. Sit 'ere."

Colton is forever asking me to draw "Momma. Dadda. Toltin. Baby."
This evening he asked me to draw "Fia and Dan." (Sophia and her brother, Daniel).
Then he wanted me to "Draw Moley." (Kristi).
As I'm drawing he says "big hair". So Kristi gets big hair--aka long hair.
Then I draw one mole on her chin.
Colton says, "no Momma. Two moleys. Two."
me: "Yes, Colton, you're right. Aunt Moley has 2 moles."
Such a smart little man. :) 

Had to throw this in....
Colton and Sierra at her birthday party last Saturday.
So stinkin cute--look at his tongue sticking out. Think he saw the cake. :) 

Tuesday we went bowling after swim class with Amy and Travis.
So. much. fun.
Colton would push his ball down the ramp. Turn to me, sign and say, "more ball please!"
Then he'd take turns with Travis--thankfully it was just these 2 boys on this lane. I don't think Colton would have had much patience if he had to wait too long.
 "Tavis turn. Tolton turn. G'job Tavis. G'job Tolton!" 
Wednesday we went to the splash park with Sierra and Monica to celebrate Monica's birthday.
 After swim class we enjoyed muffins at the Reunion Trails Park and tons of "splash! water."
Colton: "Where See-er-a go?" Then he'd chase after her.
He adores his sweet friend.
(Colton had called Sierra "Da-Das" for the entire year. Then last Saturday he said "See-er-a" at the baby shower. So sweet!)
 
 Thursday we went to Andrea's to have fun playing with Liam's trains, cars, and in their small swimming pool in the backyard. I forgot to get a picture...I was too busy gabbing with my friend. :) The day before and the remainder of Thursday Colton talked about nothing but "cars. Thomas. choo choo. 'iam."

Friday we were supposed to go to the splash park with Amy, Andrea, and kids but Colton had a fever. :(

In the midst of it all....Wes is starting the 3rd and final summer for Week of Hope. Tuesday he dropped all the items we've been storing in the garage (thank goodness...now more space for baby stuff!!) off at the church. Wednesday morning he met with the summer staff. Thursday he took his Memorial Day weekend comp day and helped the summer staff get things situated at the church and made a huge Costco run. (So thankful he did this. I shopped at Costco with the summer staff last year and had Colton in tow. It was rough.) This year's summer staff are the sweetest married couple--Kristin and Paul. We had them over for dinner Thursday and Friday night. Saturday morning before work, Wes went again with them to Costco to finish up the items needed for the week. 

Phew. It's been busy and so fun. Have I mentioned how much I love summer?? 
We can't wait to see what God has planned for this final summer for Week of Hope in Las Vegas. Big things. I just know it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment