Saturday, June 18, 2011

bedtime=crib time!


At 4 months old, Colton slept all night in his crib for the 1st time last night (June 17, 2011) ! Bugs fell asleep at 10:30pm and slept sweetly until 7:30am this morning in his crib. (I only got up to check on him once about 4 am.) And yes, that was 9 hours without him waking up once. :)

It was time for him to move out of that little bassinet and into his crib full time. After watching him sprawl out during his naps in the crib I knew deep down he'd sleep so much better at night in his own crib with space to spread out all 27 inches of him. We just had a hard time letting him go into his own room because it meant our baby wasn't just an arms stretch away. He would be all the way down the hall (all 10 foot steps away) and that felt so far. If that crib could have fit in our room I think I would have done it! ;)

As I thought over the move of our baby from his bassinet to his crib, my thinking process was: "If he's close I am right here--to comfort him or help him or protect him. Whatever he needs I can give that to him immediately." Fear of the unknown seemed to be griping me as I thought about him sleeping in his crib in his room. I had to get to a place where I realized that God is in complete control and I needed to pray through that fear so that I could have peace. "Perfect love drives out all fear" 1 John 4:18 tells me...and once I prayed and gave all my fears over to God I slept so soundly because I knew that God--the creator of the universe who is so incredibly big, and still He loves my son more than I ever could--was the One watching over baby Colton as he slept. This truth gave me such peace. I slept like a baby last night.


what I saw this morning when I went to check on him.

seriously. he is so adorable when he sleeps.
good morning Colton Dean!

love him in striped pajamas.

Hi everyone! I slept in my crib all night!


1 comment:

  1. Love it. I know that is a hard transition. It gets better mommy!!! So sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete