Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome Home Colton Dean!

Day 2 brought answered prayers...
After a fantastic night's sleep in a quite room on the 4th floor of the hospital, we woke up ready to be discharged to go home.



I love this photo...it shows how little Colton is in his daddy's hands.

Starting to be more alert with open eyes gazing at mommy.

Nom nom! Fingers in mouth = feeding cues!


Because the c-section was scheduled for the 15th of Feb, I hadn't gotten any of Colton's laundry done. (I, of course, thought I had all the time in the world to get it done the weekend before.) This meant I had no clothes to bring him home in with us at the hospital, which I realized that morning. (Sarah had graciously taken home all the blankets and newborn clothes I didn't wash & brought them to us when we got home that night.) I seriously thought I'd be taking my baby home in his diaper and car seat! Then Rena arrived...

bringing the new parents Nothing Bundt Cakes--delish!!!
and....
Two outfits...newborn size & the size he'll wear in a year from now.
To remind us that every moment is precious and to cherish them all.

Little did Rena know that we were in need of an outfit for Colton to go home in, yet God knew. Just as He promises to take care of the flowers in the field, He promises to take care of our needs big or small...so we don't need to worry. Opening Rena's gift made me cry because I realized, once again, how truly great our God is and how much He cares and loves us--enough to make sure our son doesn't go home nakey, but in a very cute outfit.

"Baby On Board!!"

Just as I opened the gift from Rena I realized that now Colton doesn't have any socks or anything to keep him warm as we travel. Then I remembered the gift Clay and Kay brought to Colton on Wednesday...the monkey blanket. Again, God was providing for us...and He even coordinated Colton's "going home" outfit!

How rad is this??
We came home to this stork announcing the arrival of our babe. Holly Eighmy (her daughter is in my class this year) has this as a business. What a sweet homecoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment