Our Colton Dean is going to be 5 weeks tomorrow.
where o where has the time gone???
at his doctor's appointment for 4 weeks he was:
10 pounds 6 ounces
21 1/2 inches long
I've spent the last 5 weeks...
watching his eyelashes grow in. They are long and oh so blond--just like his hair.
mesmerized that such a small wonder could be made by God--mixing all the good in Wes and all the good in me to make such a perfect blessing of a baby boy. Colton, God gave us you.
snuggling, cuddling, hugging, and kissing my sweet lovey every chance I get.
humming 'Amazing Grace' for hours on end when he is fussy.
I guess I don't know any other songs in their entirety. But what a beautiful song to sing (ok, hum) over my son.
reading books to Colton. (and crying over the sappy sweet ones.)
having the best time choosing handsome outfits for him to wear.
Wes thinks I am silly...I think I'm head over heels for yummy boy clothes!
organizing and reorganizing all the clothes as he quickly grew out of the newborn sizes and into 3 month sizes.
learning that once we think we have our son figured out, it changes and we have to start all over again. Like his favorite position to be held in. Binky, or no binky. Is that a hunger cue? Will he fall right back asleep after a diaper change or does he need to be nursed?
enjoying nursing in the quiet hours of the night, when it is just the babe and I.
praying for our son. Praying that as he grows he will know God's love in a personal and very real way.
amazed at the small changes that are happening before our eyes.
just watching Colton. Watching him sleep. Watching him as he wakes up. Watching him interact with Wes...and falling in love all over again.
listening to his cooing noises. Listening to him grunt as he eats. Listening to him as he starts to wake up...right before the bellow of a cry escapes.
wanting to capture each and every moment in our memory bank for when he's not a newborn baby and no longer fits so snugly in palm of our hands.
every night as I crawl into bed (sometimes numerous times a night) I feel wrapped up in a blanket of my family love. Colton in his bassinet on my left. Wes asleep at my side. Life couldn't feel more right. And I fall back asleep thanking God for my precious family of 3. I am one blessed lady.
enjoying being a mommy and a daddy to our Colton.
Seriously. Best job ever.
__________________________________________
Yesterday we (finally!!) remembered that there were baby carriers and wraps that we'd received as gifts. This carrier worked...until I needed to take him out. Then he woke up. :(


Dianna reminded me about the Moby wrap today...so I pulled it out, read the instruction manual, and went to grab Colton to give it a go. And wooo-la! It worked! It's a little intimidating--all that fabric & that it comes with a thick instruction manual--but I think that the Moby wrap and I shall be friends for a very long time. (Going to try it out with Wes wearing it tonight!)
and I shall call it hands-free mommy-hood!

In the last week our Bugga-Boo has started to take a binky sometimes when he is fussy. We are so thankful he has found a way for him to self-soothe.
And I think little babies with a binky are super cute!

Chilling with Daddy during Amazing Race last night...and giving Mommy 'feeding cues'...but I was too busy snapping this photo.

and we shall title this photo:
Milk Wasted.
got this quirky term from our neighbors...and it so fits because this is the sweet peace that I see at the end of a long, fulfilling feeding.

Julia finally got to love on Colton last week when we went for a visit to her salon.
(and this mommy got pampered with cute toes).

Last Wednesday I got the sweetest text from my husband while he was working late:
"can you please send me a pic of the two of you? i miss you both."
made me melt.
so, here's Mommy & her lil rockstar--who's 4 weeks and 2 days old.


No comments:
Post a Comment