Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sculpture Park (Colorado Part 3)

 On Tuesday, Wes had training all day. Colton and I got up, checked out of the hotel, went to Starbucks, then found the sculpture park. As we walked, Colton fell asleep and I had a great time checking out the art. What a rad idea...all these different sculptures in a park. It was so fun! The baby and I went back to Group and had lunch with Wes. We got to visit all of our friends and introduce them to Colton (last time we were in Colorado, he'd been in the belly). Wes had more training after lunch so Colton and I drove for a bit, so he'd nap, and ended up at Kohl's for a little window shopping. (I had major self-control since we were catching a flight and packing space was limited!)

Good morning, Colton Dean!!
Our sweet son ALWAYS wakes up happy from sleep.

It was a beautiful morning for a walk!


cool, right?

This made me laugh out loud! Like the movement. Makes me wish I heard the joke.

This is perfect, Wes!
Exactly the kind of well behaved, cute, obedient dog we need.
A statue is okay with me. :)

So tall!
Put a napping Colton next to the giraffe for comparison.


I walked and snapped a bazillion pictures along the path in the park--Colton napped.
He's so yummy cute.

Sooooo cool, right?? This made me chuckle over the two kids pulling on the wish bone.  

the kids pulling on the wishbone.



look who's awake!!

Hi happy baby!




This is the Group Publishing building where Wes had training.
funny, right?
Upon walking through the front door, you hear applause. (I felt so famous!!)
Then the moose head talks to you (he's facing the front door, hanging above the fireplace).
And that's his rear on the back side of the fireplace.
Such a fun, quirky building!
The head faces the front door.
We flew home on Tuesday night and walked in our front door at 9pm. Colton was so tired on the flight home and in the van after we landed, but he didn't sleep at all until we got him in the crib.
Flight from Denver to Las Vegas. Colton is greeting all the passengers as they board.

We didn't know it, but Wes' facial expression is a great indicator of how we'd feel during the flight!!

Colton did AWESOME flying. He didn't cry once. However, he was extremely playful and thus his sweet little voice was noisy. He talked, yelled a bit, and laughed the entire flight. We felt bad because he wasn't quiet--not by any means...but a woman told us, after landing, that she was impressed with how good our son was. After she said that we realized that people would much rather listen to a happy baby play than an upset baby scream. So, play on baby Colton! You are such a good little traveler!


1 comment:

  1. HA ha, this is so true! Hudson was never an easy flier but I remember the last time on my lap (just before 2) was the last time he'd fly without his own seat. I'll pay the money b/c they only get more active. Looks like such a fun trip! Glad you were able to with him. What a cute family:).

    ReplyDelete